How to watch Super Bowl for Free in Canada
Super Bowl is one of the most viewed sporting events in the world. Whether you are a die-hard football fan, casual fan or bandwagon fan, this annual sporting event is not to be missed. Even if you are not a fan, you may be curious about all the hype surrounding the Super Bowl. No wonder some Americans consider this annual event as an unofficial holiday known as “Super Bowl Sunday”!
If you don’t have cable TV, you can still partake in Super Bowl Sunday without going to a sports bar or restaurant. There are two relatively easy and legal ways to watch Super Bowl for free in the comfort of your own home.
The first method is quite simple and without any investment. The second method requires some preparation, research, and a small purchase.
If you are reading this article right before the kickoff, you can ignore the second method but try it after the Super Bowl so you can watch free HD TV programming for good!
Watch Super Bowl on DAZN
DAZN is a paid streaming service. However, you can take advantage of its free one-month trial to watch the Super Bowl. You can read our DAZN review for sign-up tips before you join but there’s really nothing for you to lose as long as you cancel before the trial is up.
DAZN could also be for you if you like their sports offerings below (partial list; info subject to change without notice):
- Soccer: MLS | UEFA Champions League | UEFA Europa League | Premier League | La Liga / Copa Del Rey | Ligue 1 / Coupe de la Ligue / Coupe de France | Serie A | Sky Bet EFL | Carabao Cup (EFL Cup) | FIFA CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers | FIFA CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers
- American Football: NFL Network (yes, Super Bowl!)
- Baseball: MLB Network
- Golf: PGA Tour
- Tennis: ATP 250 | WTA
- Basketball: NCAA | FIBA (International Basketball Federation)
- Ice Hockey: KHL
- Motorsports: MotoGP | MotoAmerica | SBK
- Rugby: Six Nations | Pro 14
- Cricket: Elite International Cricket Tournaments
- Darts: PDC
- Other: Boxing Fights | Commonwealth Games | Snooker | Wrestling and more
Watch Super Bowl via a TV Antenna
An antenna can capture HD TV broadcasts for free. The only catch is your signal strength is primarily determined by your location. Weak signal = no reception. Below is a checklist to see if you could watch Super Bowl using a TV antenna.
- Find out if your location is suitable for capturing OTA signal (locator)
- Check if any local TV stations broadcast the Super Bowl
- Look up if these TV stations broadcast over-the-air (OTA) signal (list)
Congratulations if you tick all the boxes above. The final step is to order an HD TV antenna with a good return policy. Hook up the antenna to your TV and hope for the best!
Please note there is no guarantee you will be able to capture the OTA signal because there are numerous factors affecting the OTA signal strength. But you won’t know unless you try it. Need more OTA TV info? Read our article about free OTA TV.
Good luck and have fun watching the big game!
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. If you find it helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Thank you!
You can also check out these articles:
- Watch Free TV Shows & Free Movies Online in Canada
- The Best Free Live Sports Streaming Website
- Stream Free LIVE TV Channels in Canada